Vista Lakes Cell Tower Proposal DENIED by City Council
On February 8th, 2021, after a year and a half of fighting this proposal the City Council denied the application for the cell tower in the proposed location in Vista Lakes. Thanks to all residents who took the time to share their views on the issue with our elected representatives at City Hall.
Your voice was heard loud and clear, and your efforts made a difference with this positive outcome!
- VLCA Board of Directors
If you are planning to make any changes to your yard or the exterior of your Unit, written approval from the Vista Lakes Architecture Review Committee (ARC) is probably required. They meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. The deadline for submitting a request is noon the Monday prior to the Wednesday Meeting.
We now have a one-stop location on our website that gives step-by-step instructions if you are wanting to...
- Build a trash receptacle to put your cans on the side of your house.
- Put up a wood, vinyl, or black aluminum fence.
- Paint your house.
- No ARC approval needed if you're painting it the same color it already is.
- Other outdoor project that may need ARC approval.
- Roof shingles
- No ARC approval needed if you're putting in the same color and style it already is.
- Paver Driveway
- Pool Enclosure
- Screen Porch Enclosure
You can find these step-by-step instructions on our website under the Resident tab at the top of this page. In the Resident
drop-down menu, the first entry listed is ARC Requests. Or, you can navigate directly to it here
Message from the Vista Lake Community Association (VLCA) Board: 2021 Assessments
2021 VLCA Quarterly Assessments will stay as the same rate as 2020; there will be no changes in the quarterly assessment amounts for this coming year. In the next few weeks you will be receiving your 2021 VLCA Quarterly Assessment coupon book and instruction letter.
At the last VLCA Board Workshop a few weeks ago, the Board unanimously voted to exclusively use BB&T bank for VLCA assessment payments in 2021. BB&T has provided a long history of excellent banking relationship with our community. Last year the Board also offered Alliance Bank an opportunity to potentially earn our business for assessment payments. Unfortunately, they did not live up to their service promises and attempted to overcharge for VLCA coupon books this year. The Board determined that BB&T has continued to offer a strong commitment to service, the ability for in-person bank payments, and are providing our coupon books for a fraction of the cost of using Alliance Bank. By moving exclusively to BB&T we will be saving the community over $8,000 this year which will be used to continue our improvements to our VLCA amenities.
- If you were enrolled with Alliance Bank for automatic payments in 2020, your account has been automatically canceled. You will need to enroll with BBT as soon as you get your coupon book so that your January 2021 payment is not delayed. Please monitor your first January 2021 payment to make sure that it was debited from your account.
- If you choose bill pay with your own banking institution, please contact your bank to make the changes needed to send your payments to BB&T when you receive your coupon book.
- If your mortgage company pays your assessments through escrow, please remember to update the BB&T information with your mortgage company.
- If you choose to pay by check, please always include your paper coupon for that assessment payment with your check, as the bank is able to process payments more accurately with the codes embedded in the coupon.
Please contact the VLCA staff at the Residents Clubhouse (407-207-1202), or contact Castle (954-792-6000) if you have any payment related questions after receiving your coupon book and instructions.